Wedding Packages Terms & Conditions
The booking form and these terms and conditions set out the responsibilities of all parties involved in the wedding day and form an integral part of the booking contract of which there will be no variation unless accepted in writing by both parties.
- A non-refundable deposit of £500 is required to secure a booking.
- Full payment of the remaining balance is required at least 30 days before the wedding date.
- All cancellations must be in writing (email or letter).
- Should, for whatever reason, you have to cancel the booking the following charges will be applicable:
- more than 30 days before the wedding date the non-refundable £500 deposit is retained but any other payments refunded.
- less than 30 days before the wedding date the full balance is chargeable and the non-refundable deposit retained.
- Should, for whatever reason, WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK need to cancel there will be a full refund of all monies paid (including booking fee) which is the limit of any liability on the part of WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK.
- It is the customer's responsibility to obtain any permissions, licences and pay any fees to any venues/locations or performing entertainers/musicians, where filming will take place (if applicable).
- Unless the customer advises WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK otherwise, it will be assumed all persons attending the wedding have consented to being filmed.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK respects the wishes and regulations of anyone officiating at the wedding ceremony which may limit where it is possible to position cameras and other equipment. There may be other restrictions such as a limit to movement around the venue or certain parts of the ceremony which may affect filming.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK make every effort to produce a quality film and ensure all equipment is of the highest quality and regularly maintained. WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK cannot be held responsible for any lighting, sound or interference issues caused by circumstances outside their control. This includes adverse lighting, noise issues and restrictions imposed by venues.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK typically use at least 16 different cameras when filming. In the event of a significant camera or other equipment failure WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK will still produce a video using the available footage. In the event that WE-AREVR.CO.UK deem it to be sub-standard or not in the spirit of the contract the customer will be given the choice of a refund for that part of the wedding package, or a smaller more appropriate amount in exchange for what has been produced.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK will use professional expertise and discretion to ensure that significant parts are recorded. Unfortunately, WE-ARE.VR.CO.UK cannot guarantee that every aspect of the day is captured as filming takes place 'live'. WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK retain artistic licence.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK will make every effort to arrive at locations on time but cannot be held responsible for lateness or non-attendance caused by circumstances outside their control such as traffic delays, severe weather conditions, unforeseen illness/incapacity, accident, technical, camera or equipment failure. In such circumstances WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK will contact the customer as soon as possible to discuss alternative arrangements.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK aim to be as discreet as possible during the day and work alongside any 3rd party photographers & videographers. WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK follow the events of the day as they happen and therefore, are not in control of the setting. This may lead to some images being in high shadow/contrast or partial/temporary obstruction of subjects being filmed or issues of low/mumbled/no sound. WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK may be unable to take footage if the official photographer / videographer is not willing to allow filming whilst they are working.
- Whilst WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK aim to film as much as possible, we cannot guarantee a minimum amount of footage that will be taken on the day or a minimum length for a couple’s film. This is due to the ‘live-event’ nature of the day and the unique structure of each individual wedding.
Health and Safety
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK will work with Health and Safety issues in mind and reserve the right not to film in dangerous or unsafe situations.
- All WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK camera equipment is insured and covered for public liability.
- Due to the immersive nature of the product we tend to avoid editing in music but in some scenarios it is beneficial. If there is any particular music the customer would like to be included in their film they must inform WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK in writing before the wedding day. Please be aware that if the customer wishes to use specific music it is their responsibility to ensure they have a licence for its use.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK aim to have a copy of the final film available for customer within 90 days of the wedding day. However, this is only a guide as a quality product is important for both us and you.
- The customer must notify WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK in writing (email or letter) within 7 days of receipt of the final film/s of any faults or issues and we will make every reasonable attempt to resolve them. Should WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK not hear from the customer within 7 days it will be assumed the customer is happy with the film.
- All editing decisions are to the WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK's discretion. We will of course do our utmost to include suggestions and ideas from couples, providing these are made in writing (letter or email) and before the wedding day, however, we can not guarantee that they will be included due to the unique way our footage is captured.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK agrees to share copyright of the final product/s and the customer is free to copy and distribute in an unaltered format as they see fit.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK retains copyright of all raw materials recorded by them and it is not company policy to offer the raw footage to couples or third parties.
- All other re-edits or any additional changes will be charged at the rate of £100.00 per hour of editing time (render time provided free).
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK retain copyright of all material recorded by them.
- WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK reserve the right to display parts or all of the video on our website, social media and other media formats.
WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK are currently working with insurance providers to ensure appropriate coverage for our virtual entertainment package. As such these terms and conditions are subject to change. WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK will notify the customer in writing of these changes and if you no longer wish to have the entertainment item because of this then we provide a full refund for that item.
- a minimum of an empty 3 x 3 meter space is required which has access to mains power.
- upon inspection of the space WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK is entitled to refuse setup at no liability to ourselves if we deem the location to be unsafe.
- at any point WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK can refuse usage of the equipment by any guest or member of the wedding party if we feel it represents a risk e.g. due to intoxication.
- all users will be asked to sign a form to confirm they have no health issues included but not limited to: their heart & lungs, general fitness, vertigo and epilepsy and to indemnify WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK against any injury they may incur during usage of the VR equipment.
In the unlikely event of complete equipment failure or other circumstances outside the control of WE-RE-VR.CO.UK, whereby WE-ARE-VR.CO.UK is unable to provide the paid for services, the customer is entitled to receive a full refund for each list item not provided. WE-ARE-VR-.CO.UK will not be liable for any further damages.